Ron Jeremy indicted on 30 counts of sexual assault involving 21 victims

0


Ron Jeremy has been accused of more than 30 counts of sexual assault. He has pled not guilty (Picture: AP)

Ron Jeremy is facing more than 30 counts of sexual assault for alleged incidents dating back more than 20 years.

Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascon made the announcement on Wednesday.

Prosecutors say a grand jury returned the indictment on Thursday and it has now been made public.

Jeremy pleaded not guilty to 12 counts of forcible rape, seven counts of forcible oral copulation, six counts of sexual battery by restraint, four counts of sexual penetration by a foreign object, two counts of sexual penetration of an unconscious or asleep person and one count of sodomy by the use of force, assault with intent to commit rape and a lewd act on a child under the age of 14 or 15.

District Attorney George Gascon said in a statement: ‘Far too often, survivors of sexual assault suffer in isolation.

‘We must ensure that survivors have all options available to help with recovery, including trauma-informed services for healing and support to report such crimes.’

The adult film actor appeared in court last year amid accusations (Picture: EPA)

Jeremy is due to return to court on October 23 for a pretrial conference.

The porn actor is being accused by prosecutors of sexually assaulting 21 women over a 23-year period back to 1996. The alleged victims range from aged 15 to 51.

Among the prosecutions, it is alleged the adult film star raped a 19-year-old woman during a photoshoot in the San Fernando Valley in October, 1996.

He is also accused of raping a 26-year-old woman in a nightclub and a 17-year-old girl at a home in Woodland Hills, California, in 2008.

Jeremy was charged with raping three women and sexually assaulting one other in June last year.

The porn star previously denied similar allegations (Picture: Getty)

Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey said at the time that he was accused of forcibly raping a 25-year-old at a West Hollywood home in 2014.

He was then alleged to have sexually assaulted two more women aged 33 and 46 on separate occasions at a West Hollywood bar in 2017, and accused of forcibly raping a 30-year-old woman at the same bar in two years later.

A case against him was declined by the District Attorney’s Office in 2020 ‘due to insufficient evidence stemming from an incident in 2016’.

Jeremy denied sexually assaulting anyone in a statement to Rolling Stone magazine in 2017.

He said at the time: ‘These allegations are pure lies or buyers remorse.

‘I have never and would never rape anyone. All serious allegations have been investigated by police and dismissed by judges, as have most of the accusations of “groping”.

‘I have never been charged or spent a day in court for any of this.’

Metro.co.uk has contacted a representative for Jeremy for comment.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


MORE : Katie Price ‘fears for mental health over possible court appearance’ after alleged attack


MORE : Kanye West’s Donda listening concert in Chicago will offer Covid vaccines





Source link

Denial of responsibility! Planetconcerns is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment