MTRCB suspends ‘It’s Showtime’ for 12 airing days over ‘indecent acts’ in ‘Isip Bata’ segment, ‘additional complaints’
“It’s Showtime” has been suspended by the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB)—chaired by Diorella “Lala” Sotto-Antonio—for 12 airing days after receiving “multiple complaints over the alleged “indecent acts” of hosts Vice Ganda and Ion Perez, while noting “additional warnings” on use of “inappropriate language” in previous episodes.
The noontime show’s suspension was confirmed in an official statement on Monday, Sept. 4, months after the Kapamilya noontime show producers were summoned by the government agency.
“Viewers have lodged multiple complaints before the MTRCB concerning the show’s July 25, 2023 episode wherein the program’s hosts allegedly acted in an indecent manner during one of its segments, ‘Isip Bata.’ The said case was referred to the MTRCB’s Hearing and Adjudication Committee which heard the case and required the respondents to submit their position papers, following a procedural process,” the statement read.
Following the suspension, MTRCB noted that producers of “It’s Showtime” can “file one Motion for Reconsideration within 15 days after receipt of the decision.” But if the government agency wouldn’t grant reconsideration, they could “appeal to the Office of the President within 15 days from the receipt of the decision on the MR.”
In ruling for “It’s Showtime’s” suspension, MTRCB pointed out that this is not the first time the show received a “preventive suspension,” as it received “multiple complaints,” but was granted due course.
“Most recently, the Board issued two additional warnings to the noontime show concerning the following cases: Case no. 1: Inappropriate utterance of the word “G Spot” by hosts Jhong Hilario and Vice Ganda, during the 24 January 2023 episode of “It’s Showtime!” in violation of Section 2 (B), Chapter IV of the Implementing Rules and Regulations of Presidential Decree (P.D.) No. 1986,” MTRCB said.
The show’s producers had since submitted their motion for reconsideration but a verdict remains pending, as of this writing.
“Case no. 2: Inappropriate utterance of the word ‘Tinggil’ by host Vhong Navarro, during the 03 June 2023 episode of ‘It’s Showtime!’ in violation of Section 2 (B), Chapter IV of the Implementing Rules and Regulations of P.D. No. 1986,” MTRCB added, while noting this complaint had been dismissed due to “lack of merit.”
ABS-CBN has yet to issue a statement, as of this writing. EDV
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
Denial of responsibility! Planetconcerns is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.