Joey de Leon says GMA didn’t reach out to them amid feud with TAPE: ‘Kapuna-puna na wala silang sinabi’
Joey de Leon stressed that although the management of GMA did not reach out to TVJ amid the trio’s ongoing debacle with TAPE, the TV hosts hold no ill-feelings toward the network.
De Leon said this as he talked about TVJ’s departure from the production company in an interview with Julius Babao, as seen in a vlog on the latter’s YouTube channel on Monday, June 12.
“Masakit talaga ‘yung nangyari, masakit sa lahat. Wala, it’s bound to happen. Katulad ngayon, hindi ka na makakabalik,” De Leon told the broadcaster. “Paano ka babalik [kung] ‘yung mismong [channel] 7 (GMA) hindi nagparamdam kasi ang sinasabi nila ang kontrata nila [ay] with the producers?”
(What happened was really painful for everyone. Well, it was bound to happen. Now, we can’t go back anymore. How can we go back when even [the GMA Network management] did not to reach out to us because they said their contract was with the show producers?)
“Hindi naman kami nagtatampo, hindi naman din kahina-hinala pero kapuna-puna na wala silang sinabi,” he continued. “Wala ring, ‘Uy, kung ano man ang mangyari [ay] itutuloy namin ha.’ Well, take ko ‘yon.”
(We have no ill-feelings towards them. We also do not find it suspicious but still, it is noticeable that they didn’t say anything. They didn’t even tell us, “Hey, whatever happens we will continue [the show].” Well, that’s my take.)
When Babao asked if the network did not “attempt to mediate” between the original “Eat Bulaga” mainstays and TAPE, De Leon answered, “Wala. Well, masakit mang sabihin [pero] baka iniisip nila na, ‘Matanda na ‘yang mga ‘yan. OK na,’ pero hindi e. Pati bata madadamay e, pati portions,” he said.
(There were no [attempts]. Well, it may be painful to say but they might have thought, “[TVJ] is already old so [the changes] would be fine,” but that was not the case. Even the young hosts as well as portions of the show were affected.)
De Leon also recalled the call he got from one of the noontime show’s sponsors after TVJ’s announcement last May 31, then addressed GMA in a rather joking manner.
“Oy, [channel 7]. Kayo ba tumawag na, ‘OK ba kayo?’ Wala, walang gano’n,” the TV host stated. (Hey, channel 7. Did you even call to tell us, “Are you OK?” No, you did not.)
Feud with TAPE
De Leon also revealed during the interview that he even asked the production company to let them continue hosting the show until its 50th anniversary, and they could kick the trio out afterwards.
“Isa lang ang binitawan ko nung mga meeting na matindi. Sabi ko, ‘Ayaw niyo ba kami paabutin ng 50 years tapos sipain niyo na kami.’ Exact words ko ‘yon—’tapos sipain niyo na kami,’” he recalled. (I only gave one striking statement during our meetings [with TAPE]. I told them, “[Just let us] continue the show until its 50th year, then you can kick us out.)
De Leon then admitted that he watched the revamped “Eat Bulaga,” noting that he had no ill-feelings toward the new hosts as they are just doing their job.
“Wala [akong masasabi]. ‘Wag, unfair. Nagta-trabaho lang [sila],” he said. “Nagta-trabaho ‘yung mga tao, kaya lang hindi ko rin akalain ‘yung puna nung iba… So, labas na ako do’n.”
(I have nothing to say against them. It would be unfair [because] they are just doing their job. Other people’s bad comments [towards the new host] also surprised me, but they were already beyond my control.)
When De Leon was asked to give a message to TAPE’s Jalosjos family, the TV host said, “Mahal ko kayo at mahaba ang pinagsamahan natin.” (I love you and we had been together for so many years.)
“Lahat tayo nasaktan pero gano’n talaga, siguro talagang mangyayari ‘yan. Harapin na lang natin at ipagdasal natin ang isa’t isa,” he added. “Maraming salamat sa inyo at sa lahat ng mga kababayan natin. Thank you. Mabuhay kayo.”
(We were all hurt by the turn of events, but maybe it was really bound to happen. Let’s just face it and pray for each other. Thank you so much to you and to our fellowmen. Thank you. Long live.) /ra
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
Denial of responsibility! Planetconcerns is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.