Conor McGregor wants to become first UFC AND WWE world champion after news of Endeavor takeover surfaces

0


CONOR MCGREGOR has declared his intention to become the first UFC AND WWE world champion.

It comes after WWE were brought by UFC’s parent company Endeavor.

3

Conor McGregor has announced his intention to become the first UFC and WWE championCredit: The Mega Agency
With McGregor posting an image of him wearing both belts to his social media

3

With McGregor posting an image of him wearing both belts to his social mediaCredit: https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1642651142386483200
It comes after WWE was brought by Endeavor group, who own UFC

3

It comes after WWE was brought by Endeavor group, who own UFCCredit: Getty

Taking to his Twitter page, McGregor posted a photo of himself with a WWE and UFC belt draped over his shoulder.

He then tagged the official accounts for WWE and UFC in his post.

He later tweeted: “Congrats to the @ufc now worth a cool, proper $12bn.

“Wow! Endeavor [a]bout to scoop the @WWE now also. Incredible. What a powerhouse!”

Conor McGregor breaks silence over WWE and UFC merger
Bet £5 on football and get £20 in free bets with Ladbrokes

McGregor is a two-weight champion in MMA, once holding both the featherweight and lightweight titles.

Reports emerged over the weekend suggesting Vince McMahon was set to sell the WWE.

Chief content officer Triple H had remained tight-lipped on the takeover by Ari Emanuel’s group.

But the announcement was made today as part of a merger worth a whopping $21billion.

CASINO SPECIAL – BEST NEW CUSTOMER SIGN UP DEALS

On the deal, McMahon said: “Given the incredible work that Ari [CEO] and Endeavor have done to grow the UFC brand – nearly doubling its revenue over the past seven years – and the immense success we’ve already had in partnering with their team on a number of ventures, I believe that this is without a doubt the best outcome for our shareholders and other stakeholders.”

The merger will see Endeavor own 51 per cent of the shares while WWE will own the other 49 per cent.

McMahon will continue in his role as executive chairman, while Emanuel will act as chief executive.

On the UFC side, Dana White will retain his spot as president.

McMahon added: “Together, we will be a $21+ billion live sports and entertainment powerhouse with a collective fanbase of more than a billion people and an exciting growth opportunity.

“The new company will be well positioned to maximize the value of our combined media rights, enhance sponsorship monetization, develop new forms of content and pursue other strategic mergers and acquisitions to further bolster our strong stable of brands.

“I, along with the current WWE management team, look forward to working closely with Ari and the Endeavor and UFC teams to take the businesses to the next level.”





Source link

Denial of responsibility! Planetconcerns is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment