Conor McGregor BLASTS UFC in X-rated UFC 300 rant and demands Dana White give him fight date as he flirts with boxing

0


CONOR MCGREGOR has launched a blistering attack on the UFC as the uncertainty over his fighting future continues.

The Notorious has been slated to make his long-awaited comeback against Michael Chandler since February when the pair were announced as rival coaches on season 31 of The Ultimate Fighter.

4

Conor McGregor is set to be welcomed back to the UFC by Michael ChandlerCredit: TWITTER@THENOTORIOUSMMA
But The Notorious' return is seemingly constantly being pushed back

4

But The Notorious’ return is seemingly constantly being pushed backCredit: GETTY
Former champ McGregor has launched a blistering attack on the UFC brass over the delay in finalising his return

4

Former champ McGregor has launched a blistering attack on the UFC brass over the delay in finalising his returnCredit: AP

A date for their long-awaited showdown, however, has yet to come to fruition for a multitude of reasons.

A headline spot on UFC 300 on April 13 – which he appeared to allude to earlier this week – was seemingly on the cards for the Irishman after it was confirmed he wouldn’t fight this year.

UFC president and CEO Dana White, however, recently poured cold water on the prospect of the promotion’s poster boy headlining the card – much to his annoyance.

He told talkSPORT: “The lads in the UFC aren’t really talking any, but the lads here [in Saudi Arabia] are talking Manny [Pacquiao].

“The UFC aren’t talking any.

“Give me something. I was supposed to be back in April, I was supposed to be back in December.”

Former two-division champion McGregor then accused MMA’s top promotion of mistreatment over the years.

He roared: “No one has ever been treated [the way I’m getting treated].

FREE BETS – BEST BETTING OFFERS & NEW CUSTOMER BONUSES

“For all the figures I’ve brought in this game, I sell more than all of them combined.

“I sell more than everyone of them combined.

“No one in the history of the fight game has ever been treated the way I’ve been getting treated at the minute.

“From what I came to what I bring. They should open the f***ing floodgates for me.”

McGregor, 35, revealed his aspirations to top the UFC 300 bill in October during a heartfelt plea to the UFC brass.

He said: “I’ve been kept from my living for almost three years now.

“Understand that. I came through what I came through. I’m sitting on an injury and a loss.

“You hear what Alexander Volkanovski said? I relate. I must return to my way of living.

“This is my job. It’s beyond frustrating. … I just want the date. Give me the date, please. That’s it.”

He added: “I’m happy with April.

“I would’ve loved it earlier, but if I’m to be honest and be realistic, for my fans, I want to put in a good run, build myself back, and that’s it.

“It’s looking like April, mixed martial arts.”

Former two-division champion McGregor hasn’t set foot inside the octagon since breaking his left leg in his trilogy fight with Dustin Poirier two-and-a-half years ago.

Conor McGregor hasn't set foot inside the octagon since breaking his leg two-and-a-half years ago

4

Conor McGregor hasn’t set foot inside the octagon since breaking his leg two-and-a-half years agoCredit: AP





Source link

Denial of responsibility! Planetconcerns is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment