Classic Turn-based RPG Sea of Stars Surpasses 4 Million Players Across All Platforms and Subscription Services
Sabotage Studio’s classic turn-based RPG Sea of Stars has surpassed 4 million players in less than four months, the indie studio has announced.
The joyful news was announced through the studio’s official X account and via a press release earlier today. The turn-based RPG inspired by the classics from the 90s was released back in August of this year. According to the development team, the game has now been played by more than 4 million players across all platforms and all subscription services. Upon the game’s release back in August, more than 100.000 digital copies of the game were sold, and one week after launch, sales exceeded 250.000 copies across all platforms.
Sea of Stars has been played by over 4 million people across all platforms and subscription catalogs in less than 4 months 🤩 pic.twitter.com/qFC4FCWBy0
— Sea of Stars (@seaofstarsgame) December 18, 2023
“Sea of Stars is the game of my dreams, and seeing its quest resonate so strongly with players and critics means the world to everyone at Sabotage,” game director and Sabotage co-founder Thierry Boulanger writes. “The team behind this game is the most talented and dedicated group I could have ever hoped to create Sea of Stars with, and I’m again reminded of their brilliance as we progress with creating Sea of Stars’ upcoming DLC, Throes of the Watchmaker. For fans to have recognized our adventure in such an incredibly prosperous year for RPGs alongside new arrivals from the genre’s biggest franchises … we simply just cannot thank you enough for supporting us, and we can’t wait to show you what’s next for Sea of Stars.”
Sea of Stars is available globally digitally now for PS5, PS4, PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One. The game is also available through Game Pass and PlayStation Plus (Extra and Premium tiers). In 2024, iam8bit will also be releasing exclusive physical editions for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch. Down below we’ve included the game’s main features:
- Active Turn-Based Combat: Pressing the action button in sync with battle animations strengthens a hero’s attacks and reduces incoming damage during defense. Along with interactive timed attacks, combat features boosting and a strategic “locks” system, providing options for leveraging different damage types in order to hinder enemies while they are preparing powerful attacks or spells, all in an immersive take on the RPG genre; no random encounters, transitions to separate battlefields or grinding.
- Unshackled Traversal: Swim, climb, vault, jump off or scale ledges while seamlessly traversing through the world with a navigation system based on platformer expertise that breaks free from classic, bound-to-the-ground tileset movement.
- A Story-Rich Adventure: Meet dozens of original characters and progress memorable narrative arcs throughout a captivating journey. Sometimes epic, sometimes silly, and other times emotional, Sea of Stars explores classic themes of adventure and friendship with heart, while also being chock-full of the unexpected twists and events you’d expect from a Sabotage Studio production.
- All Fun, No Tedium: Enjoy experimenting in combat without fear of hitting a wall requiring grinding or farming for unique items; in Sea of Stars, defeat calls for a change in battle plans, not hours of repetition to better the odds in a rematch.
- A World You Can Touch: There are many ways to hang out in the world of Sea of Stars if you feel inclined to change the pace during your adventures. Sailing, cooking, fishing, stopping by a tavern to listen to a song, or playing the beloved tabletop game known as “Wheels” … every system has been designed to deliver a journey that pays tribute to retro classics, while rethinking conventional elements to offer a smooth and refreshingly modernized experience.
- Radiant Lighting: Dynamic lighting effects pair with a world-influencing day/night cycle to make every area feel truly alive, pushing the traditional visual limits of classically stylized 2D pixel art games – the only way to properly tell the story of heroes conjuring the powers of the Sun and the Moon.
Denial of responsibility! Planetconcerns is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.